If sticky, mashed-up, marshmallow-covered sweet potatoes aren’t your thing, try this healthier alternative. We’ve skipped the butter and marshmallows and used maple syrup to complement the natural sweetness of the potatoes. Roasting them gives them a great texture that gives you something to bite into!
Who needs marshmallows? Try this incredibly delicious, super simple and healthier sweet potato side instead.
2 pounds small sweet potatoes cut into 1-inch-wide wedges
2 teaspoons canola oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup maple syrup
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with nonstick foil or regular foil coated with nonstick spray.
- Toss potatoes with oil, salt and pepper on baking sheet, then spread into a single layer.
- Roast 30 minutes or until lightly browned and tender. Remove from oven and drizzle with maple syrup; toss gently to coat.
- Roast 10 minutes more or until glazed.
Above & Beyond
Latest posts by Above & Beyond (see all)
- The Recipe File: International Dumplings - March 9, 2014
- Vegetarian Root Vegetable Gyozas (Japanese Dumplings) Recipe - March 8, 2014
- Spinach and Ricotta Gnudi Recipe - March 8, 2014