Miniature bacon cheeseburgers — a.k.a. sliders — get kicked up a notch in this recipe with a spicy chipotle sauce. Our suggestion: Double the sauce recipe and serve with French fries. You’ll be the game day MVP!
Savory little bacon and cheddar topped sliders get a real kick with an addictively sweet & spicy chipotle sauce. Great for parties, served with French fries and a double batch of the sauce for dipping.
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup dill pickle relish (or finely chopped dill pickle)
1/4 cup onion, minced
2 Tablespoons canned chipotle in adobo, minced (or more to taste)
2 teaspoons ketchup
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup onion, minced
1 Tablespoon kosher salt
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
24 slider buns (or 8 hot dog buns cut in thirds width-wise)
6 slices bacon, cooked, cut into 4 pieces widthwise
24 pieces torn lettuce
- Make Chipotle Sauce: Whisk together all sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- To make burgers: Combine beef, onion, and salt in a medium bowl. Shape into 24 2” patties. Coat a large nonstick griddle, grill, or outdoor grill with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Cook patties for 3-4 minutes per side or until well browned.
- Top each with 1 Tablespoon cheese and melt. Place bacon on top of warm cheese. Serve each slider on a bun with one piece of lettuce and 1 Tablespoon chipotle sauce.
To speed game-day prep: Chipotle sauce can be made up to 3 days ahead and stored in the refrigerator. Slider patties can be made the day before and stored wrapped tightly in refrigerator. Pre-cook/cut bacon and tear lettuce the morning of the party. Reheat bacon in microwave when assembling cooked sliders.
Serve with additional sauce on the side.
Above & Beyond
Latest posts by Above & Beyond (see all)
- Choose the Right Wine Glass - March 10, 2014
- The Recipe File: International Dumplings - March 9, 2014
- Vegetarian Root Vegetable Gyozas (Japanese Dumplings) Recipe - March 8, 2014