Spicy, cheesy queso dip is a zesty classic for game day.
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
¼ cup heavy cream
1 (15 ounce) can chopped tomatoes with jalapenos or chipotle, drained thoroughly
1 4 ounce can chopped green chiles, drained thoroughly
2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon cornstarch
½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Place a large skillet over low heat and melt the cream cheese with the heavy cream, stirring until smooth, about 4-5 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and green chiles and stir to combine.
- Add the grated cheese, stirring to melt into the mixture. Add cumin. Sprinkle the cornstarch over the mixture and stir to combine and thicken, about 3-4 minutes.
Latest posts by Amy Laskin (see all)
- Spicy, Cheesy, & Addictive: Queso Dip - January 27, 2013
- The Real Cost of New Year’s Resolutions (Infographic) - January 15, 2013
- Christmas Dinner Menu Ideas - December 15, 2012