Cooking a hard-boiled egg can be harder than you’d think. Overcook it and you get a gross grey coating around the yolk and it’s dry as a bone. Undercook it and it’ll be… well, not a hard boiled egg. Sam’s got the technique to ensure your hard-boiled eggs are perfect each and every time. All you need is a little patience, water and ice.
- Carefully put eggs in a pot and add enough cold water to cover by an inch – do not cover with a lid
- Put on medium-high heat and when it comes to a full boil – boil for more 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and now put a lid on the pot - leave for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid and carefully pour off the very hot water and re-fill with cold water and a lot of ice to stop the cooking .
- Let cool, peel and eat – or make something delicious with them.