Talk about quick – you can go from nothing to eating in about 10 minutes with this. And yes it’s a bit of a cheat because I start with a bagged Caesar salad, but compared to other fast food…wait, there is no comparison.
One boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 Tablespoon Olive oil
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1 bagged Caesar salad "kit" (the one with the croutons and dressing)
- One at a time, place chicken breasts in a large zippered bag, add about a tablespoon of olive oil and seal (the oil will keep the chicken from tearing.
- Whack with something heavy, like a bottle until evenly flat - about 1/2 inch thick.
- Remove from bag and season well with Kosher salt & freshly ground pepper.
- Heat grill or grill pan, add a little more oil to chicken and cook over medium high heat until done, about 3 minutes a side.
- In a bowl toss the romaine with the dressing, croutons & cheese.
- Put the salad on a plate, slice the chicken into strips and place on top of the salad.
- Give it all a squeeze of lemon juice and sprinkle with a little extra Parmesan.