Traditional drip coffee has gone a long time without much advance in technology. And the process has been the same forever:
- Fill coffee maker with water
- If using whole beans, grind them
- Add ground coffee to filter (assuming you’re lucky enough to separate just one filter from the stack)
- Place filter with coffee in the maker
- Turn coffee maker on and walk away
- Come back when coffee’s done (but not too much later or the coffee will have that burnt taste)
- Pour coffee into your cup and drink
I’m not knocking the system, but it definitely has its drawbacks. And here’s where the technology of single serve coffee makers is most welcome.
In fact they’re so simple you could probably, well…maybe you should just watch the video.