It’s Mom’s day, so go ahead and cook for her!
And don’t shy away from brunch because you think you have to stand in the kitchen and make 3 dozen fried eggs or a million pancakes. This easy frittata throws together quickly — for Mother’s Day or any day — and is made even easier if you use the pre-cooked ready bacon.
Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 red pepper, diced small
8 ounces sliced mushrooms
1 2-ounce package ready bacon, diced small
1 6-ounce bag baby spinach
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, approximately
Sour cream & salsa to garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl, season with salt & pepper and set aside.
- Heat medium sized oven-proof non stick pan and add olive oil, garlic, red pepper and mushrooms.
- Cook until peppers are crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add bacon and spinach & cook until spinach wilts, about 3 minutes.
- Add a little more oil to the pan then stir in the eggs & Parmesan - mix well.
- With heat on medium low, allow the bottom and sides to begin to set, then put pan in the oven.
- Cook until everything is set – about 10-15 minutes more.
- Serve in wedges topped with sour cream and salsa.