This bright-flavored and super healthy gazpacho is a fabulous way to use all your farmer’s market finds. A food processor makes veggie prep a snap. Try serving it in tall cocktail glasses….gorgeous!
2 cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise, and seeded
3 red bell peppers, cored and seeded
3 large heirloom tomatoes, cored
32 oz tomato or vegetable juice (such as V-8)
1 small red onion, minced
1/4 cup high quality olive oil
2 TB sherry vinegar
2 TB minced fresh mint
2 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp sugar
1 avocado, diced
Additional minced mint
- Cut cucumber, bell pepper, and tomato into chunks.
- Pulse each (individually) in food processor to a small dice.
- Combine with remaining gazpacho ingredients and chill thoroughly.
- When ready to serve spoon gazpacho into serving glasses and top with diced avocado and additional mint.
Gazpacho can be made up to 1 day ahead. Have fun experimenting with alternate toppings such as lump crab meat, feta cheese, or toasted garlic croutons.
Above & Beyond
Latest posts by Above & Beyond (see all)
- Choose the Right Wine Glass - March 10, 2014
- The Recipe File: International Dumplings - March 9, 2014
- Vegetarian Root Vegetable Gyozas (Japanese Dumplings) Recipe - March 8, 2014