A throwback cocktail modernized for today. Forget bottled sour mix! Fresh lemon and peach juices combine deliciously with ginger-infused simple syrup to elevate this classic.
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
6 TB finely minced ginger
1 cup fresh squeeze lemon juice
2 cups fresh peach juice (or bottled peach nectar)
2 cups bourbon whiskey
8 pieces crystallized ginger
8 maraschino cherries
- Combine water, sugar, and ginger in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from heat and chill well.
- Ginger syrup will keep in the fridge for several weeks.
- When ready to serve combine lemon juice, peach juice, whiskey, and 1 cup ginger syrup in a pitcher.
- Serve in high ball glasses over ice and garnish each with a toothpick skewered with 1 piece crystallized ginger and 1 cherry.
Use a microplane to finely grate the ginger or to speed prep, you can use bottled minced ginger. If you like you can strain the syrup through a sieve to remove ginger pieces, but we like the extra spice it gives to the final cocktail when you leave it in.
Above & Beyond
Latest posts by Above & Beyond (see all)
- Choose the Right Wine Glass - March 10, 2014
- The Recipe File: International Dumplings - March 9, 2014
- Vegetarian Root Vegetable Gyozas (Japanese Dumplings) Recipe - March 8, 2014