I’ll be the first to admit that a grilled salad doesn’t sound all that good – but it is. And when you add in diced bacon, tomatoes and Parmesan, it goes from good to great. Not to mention it’s super easy, and since the grill will already be hot from the Flat Iron Chimichurri you made him (you watched that blog video, right?) it’s a no brainer. Happy Father’s day to all the dads out there – you deserve a wonderful day, make that a wonderful week.
Even salad haters warm up to this.
1 whole heart of romaine
Extra virgin olive oil
3 - 4 slices cooked & crumbled bacon
1 small tomato, diced
Parmesan cheese, shredded
Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- Heat grill to medium.
- Slice a thin piece off the core end of the romaine, just to clean it up a bit.
- Cut lengthways down the middle and brush each half with olive oil.
- Place cut side down on grill and cook just until leaves begin to wilt and you get grill marks - flip and repeat.
- Remove from grill and place cut side up on plate.
- Drizzle each half with a little balsamic vinegar and a little more olive oil.
- Then top with bacon, tomato and cheese.
- Add Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.