Why “Lose Your Shoes”? Not only are these Margaritas perfect for kicking your shoes off to enjoy on the beach…these babies are so delicious (and sneakily strong) they may also make you lose your shoes for dancing…or make forget you were wearing any in the first place.
1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
1 additional lime, zested and cut into wedges
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup sugar
4 cups high quality Resposado tequila
4 cups Triple Sec
1/3 cup kosher salt
- Stir together lime juice, lemon juice, sugar, and lime zest and let sit for a half hour or so for sugar to dissolve.
- When ready to serve mix juices with tequila and triple sec in a large pitcher.
- Pour salt onto a wide flat plate.
- Rub rims of Margarita or Martini glasses with lime wedges and dip in salt to coat.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, pour Margarita mixture over and shake to chill.
- Pour into salt-rimmed glasses and serve immediately.
- To serve a crowd chill the pitcher and let guests serve themselves into small glasses over ice.
If you want an “oakier” or darker flavored margarita you can use an inexpensive Anejo tequila. Don’t use high end Anejo, it’s a waste of great tequila!
Above & Beyond
Latest posts by Above & Beyond (see all)
- Choose the Right Wine Glass - March 10, 2014
- The Recipe File: International Dumplings - March 9, 2014
- Vegetarian Root Vegetable Gyozas (Japanese Dumplings) Recipe - March 8, 2014