Perfect for Memorial Day, the 4th of July or any celebration, this patriotic potato salad is dressed with a zippy mustard vinaigrette, not mayo so feel free to let it sit out at your gathering.
3 1/2 pounds assorted baby potatoes (including white, red and blue or purple)
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup thinly sliced celery
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
3 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons honey
1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Salad: Put potatoes, water to cover and salt in a large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced with a small knife or skewer, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool, then cut in half or quarter them and put into a large bowl.
- Add celery, onion, parsley and dill and gently toss.
- Dressing: Whisk olive oil, vinegar, mustard, honey, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour over salad and gently toss to coat. Let stand at least 30 minutes for flavors to blend.
This can be made a day ahead. It’s best served at room temperature though so remove it from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving. Substitute fresh tarragon for the dill if desired.
Above & Beyond
Latest posts by Above & Beyond (see all)
- The Recipe File: Easter Sunday Brunch - April 20, 2014
- Five Ways an Electric Tea Kettle Can Improve Your Life - April 20, 2014
- Pork & Apple Breakfast Sausage Patties Recipe - April 19, 2014