2 TB brown sugar
1 TB kosher salt
4 tsp ancho chili powder
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp granulated garlic (found in the spice aisle)
½ tsp pepper
8, 6 oz skinless salmon filets
2 cedar planks, soaked in water for at least one hour or up to three
Chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Combine all spice rub ingredients in a small bowl.
- When ready to cook spread spice rub evenly across all sides of salmon filets.
- Heat a gas or charcoal grill over high heat.
- Place soaked cedar planks on grate for 3 minutes.
- Flip over and place salmon directly on plank.
- Cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until salmon is cooked through. Remove from plank, garnish with chives, and serve.