Put your Yonanas machine to work making these unique ice cream sandwiches. Banana pairs deliciously with white chocolate and macadamia for a fun twist on a summer favorite.
2 sticks salted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp table salt
11 oz bag white chocolate chips
1 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
15-18 frozen ripe bananas (to yield 4 cups Yonanas)
1 TB lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Use an electric mixer to beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs and beat well.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, white chocolate chips, and macadamia nuts and combine well.
- Use a 1/4 cup measure to scoop cookie batter onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool to room temperature and then store in a sealed container in refrigerator before continuing.
- Use Yonanas machine (as directed) to make Yonana ice cream with each banana.
- Stir in lemon juice and freeze briefly to firm.
- Use a round 1/3 cup measuring cup to spoon Yonanas on each cookie, top with 2nd cookie and lightly press to spread Yonanas to edge.
- Wrap loosely in foil and freeze until firm (several hours, to overnight).
- Let sandwiches thaw slightly before serving.
Don’t skip the lemon juice! It keeps your Yonanas from browning in the freezer. You can also make mini White Chocolate Macadamia Yonanas sandwiches. Use a Tablespoon to scoop cookie dough onto baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Follow same procedure as above with 2 TB Yonanas per sandwich.