No need to turn on the stove in the heat of summer! Simply soak thin rice noodles in hot tap water and drain. And voila! – you have a great tasting summer pasta with no cooking involved.
8 ounces thin rice noodles or rice vermicelli
1 cup of snow peas cut in half lengthwise
1 cup sliced white button mushrooms
3 scallions green and white parts separated, chop white parts of scallion roughly, slice green parts for garnish and set aside
4 tablespoons each oyster sauce and hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons fresh juice from 1 lime
1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon fresh ginger roughly chopped
2 tablespoons water
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Place the rice noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot tap water.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and set aside for 15 minutes.
- In the bowl of a blender add the oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, lime juice, chili garlic sauce, toasted sesame oil, ginger, water, and scallion whites.
- Place the top on the blender and run on high to 30 to 40 seconds until well blended.
- After 15 minutes, drain the noodles.
- Add the dressing, halved snow peas, sliced mushrooms, sliced scallion, and chopped cilantro, and toss well to combine.
- Serve with grilled tequila lime pork or chicken.
Above & Beyond
Latest posts by Above & Beyond (see all)
- Tex Mex Breakfast Potato Casserole Recipe - April 19, 2014
- Baked Puffed Pancake with Berries & Greek Yogurt Sauce Recipe - April 19, 2014
- Baked Cheesy Grits Casserole Recipe - April 19, 2014