This fun colorful flavor packed salad is a great match for the grilled pork and shrimp meatballs. Seasoned rice vinegar already has a pinch of salt and sugar added so there is no need to add more.
2 small Kirby cucumbers cut into 1/2 moons
1 cup sprouts I used pea sprouts but any sprouts will do
3 cups slaw mix with purple cabbage preferred
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 small shallot peeled and roughly chopped
1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 head bib lettuce washed and separated into single leaves and wrapped in paper towels to dry
- In a mixing bowl add the cucumbers sprouts and slaw mix toss to combine.
- In the bowl of a blender add the mustard shallot rice vinegar and olive oil place the lid on the blender and blend on high for 30 seconds until well combined and smooth pour over the vegetables and toss to combine. Place 1/4 cup of the salad in each lettuce leaf and roll up and eat.
Above & Beyond
Latest posts by Above & Beyond (see all)
- The Recipe File: Easter Sunday Brunch - April 20, 2014
- Five Ways an Electric Tea Kettle Can Improve Your Life - April 20, 2014
- Pork & Apple Breakfast Sausage Patties Recipe - April 19, 2014