A tasty twist on a classic recipe for pork and shrimp meatballs. This version is enhanced with the flavors of Thailand -ginger, lemon grass, fish sauce, soy, and cilantro.
1 tablespoon lemon grass roughly chopped
2 tablespoons ginger root roughly chopped
3 cloves garlic roughly chopped
6 scallions white and green roughly chopped
1/2 cup cilantro
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 tablespoon soy
2 tablespoons fresh lime
1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined
1 pound ground pork
- In the bowl of a food processor add all the ingredients except the shrimp and pork.
- Pulse the processor 4 or 5 times to chop all the seasoning together.
- Add the shrimp and pulse again the finely chop the shrimp. (Some chunks are fine.)
- Scrape into a mixing bowl add the ground pork and mix together thoroughly.
- Make 18 meatballs using 1/4-cup scoop or measuring cup and pat into round shape
- with wet hands.
- Place in the meatball grill basket or on a hot grill pan and grill for 5-6 minutes per side until well browned.
Pre-heat grill 15 minutes before starting.
The trick to this recipe is to use a meatball grilling basket (it will help grill the meatballs in a snap) and a food processor.
Above & Beyond
Latest posts by Above & Beyond (see all)
- Choose the Right Wine Glass - March 10, 2014
- The Recipe File: International Dumplings - March 9, 2014
- Vegetarian Root Vegetable Gyozas (Japanese Dumplings) Recipe - March 8, 2014