A terrific tasty variation on a Middle Eastern recipe, this Spicy Hummus combines garbanzo beans and hot sauce.
15 ounces canned garbanzo beans, drained
15 ounces canned garbanzo beans, with liquid
6 teaspoons hot sauce
2 Tablespoons (30 ml) lemon juice
1 raw garlic clove, peeled
1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 1 minute or until smooth, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades.
Above & Beyond
Latest posts by Above & Beyond (see all)
- Road Trip Tips: What to Pack for the Ultimate Joy Ride - July 28, 2014
- The Recipe File: Lighter Summer Dishes - July 27, 2014
- Grilled Little Neck Clams Basted with Garlic Butter Recipe - July 26, 2014