The beauty of this chicken recipe is that the liquid in the beer can steams away inside making a delicious and super moist chicken. And once you learn the trick – you can do anything: rosemary, thyme & lemon…5 spice powder…where ever your stomach takes you.
1 whole 3-5 pound chicken
1 can of beer
1/4 cup chili powder
2 tbs cumin
2 tbs oregano
2 tbs garlic powder
A big pinch of Kosher salt
Juice of 3 limes
- Pre-heat grill or oven to 375.
- Mix Chili Powder, Cumin, Oregano, Garlic Powder & Kosher Salt well in a small bowl.
- Pour out or drink about 1/2 of the beer and add about a 1/4 of the mixed seasoning to the beer can.
- To remaining dry seasonings, add lime juice and mix into a paste.
- Line baking sheet (for oven), or grill safe pan (for grill) with foil.
- Insert beer can into the large opening of the chicken (you know what I mean here) then place on sheet or grill pan.
- Rub seasoning paste on chicken to completely cover.
- Put chicken in oven or grill and cook for 1 1/2 hours - or until a thermometer reads about 160 in the breast.