Cook once and eat a bunch of times is not a pipe dream…it’s completely do-able. And whether you start with a roasted chicken, a pot roast or (in this case) a meatloaf – it’s all good, different and way delicious, and a great time saver.
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground pork
3/4 cup bread crumbs (Japanese Panko crumbs work really well)
1 package fajita seasoning
4 ounces diced green chilies
2 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup apricot jam
2 tablespoons chopped chipotle peppers
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix all meatloaf ingredients together and put into a greased loaf pan, or shape into a loaf.
- Place on a greased baking sheet.
- Mix the glaze ingredients together in a bowl and spread about 3/4 of it over the meatloaf.
- Bake 45 minutes to an hour, or until 155-160 degrees inside.
- Allow to cool slightly, slice into 1 inch thick pieces and serve with extra sauce.