The idea of Thanksgiving leftovers makes me very happy – and my mind is already abuzz. Things like a stuffing omelette (see recipe below), turkey & gravy on eggs benedict (instead of ham & hollandaise), or turkey & stuffing tacos or quesadillas, turkey pot pie, cornbread on the bottom of a bacon & sweet potato hash, or what about the humble turkey grilled cheese, and don’t even get me started about the variety in the soup category.
The point is if you’re not cooking, and the host offers leftovers – take them.
1/2 Tablespoon butter
1 slice Kraft American cheese (you can use any kind you like, but this kind of makes it)
1/3 cup (approx) leftover stuffing, room temp
- Beat the eggs well in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add eggs to pan and let cook – use a spatula to gently pull set egg away from sides to allow the unset egg to run in.
- When eggs are mostly set, add stuffing to one half, cover with cheese and flip non-stuffing side over making a half moon.
- Cook to desired doneness (which should be not too dry).
- Put on a plate and enjoy.