Here at Above & Beyond, we think there’s no better way to kick off the holidays than with some fantastic cookie inspiration! That’s why we’ve invited one of our favorite bakers, Sally of Sally’s Baking Addiction, to share some sweet ideas with us in a series we’re calling “The 12 Days of Cookies.” Check in tomorrow to see the next treat on the list!
If you’ve never tried Biscoff® Spread before, you’re in for a real treat! Smooth and creamy,this delicious spread is made from Biscoff® cookies and has the consistency of peanut butter. It tastes like a combination of graham crackers, brown sugar, and cinnamon spices and is wonderful with crackers or on toast.
My favorite way to eat it? Inside a buttery, soft-baked oatmeal cookie. Sometimes I add a cup of white chocolate chips to the cookie dough if I’m feeling extra fancy!
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted (salted or unsalted)
3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1 large egg, at room temperature
1/2 cup Biscoff® Spread
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups quick oats*
Note: Do not use old-fashioned whole oats oats in this cookie recipe. You need quick oats, which are more finely ground (and smaller) whole oats.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Toss the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk the melted butter and brown sugar together until smooth. Whisk in the egg, then the Biscoff® until combined. Finally, whisk in the vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a large spoon or rubber spatula. The dough will be very soft and slick from the melted butter. Fold in the oats.
- Roll the dough into balls, about 2 Tablespoons of dough each. Place 8 balls of dough onto each cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 11-12 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and underbaked. Remove from the oven and lightly press down on each cookie to slightly flatten, since the cookies will not spread all the way in the oven. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.