We’ve been making these small, glazed sticky/sweet ribs for a very long time and no one ever gets tired of them. And for a special night like New Year’s Eve, they’re ideal.
4-5 pounds pork spareribs, 2 racks
2 Tablespoons garlic powder
3/4 cup honey
2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
3/4 cup soy sauce
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1/4 cup diced green onion
1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut racks into individual ribs and season with garlic powder and arrange in a 13x9 inch baking dish. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F for one hour, or until tender.
- Combine honey, cider vinegar, soy and garlic in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove ribs from oven and drain well – be careful, there will be lots of steam under the foil.Pour honey mixture over spareribs and make sure all ribs get coated.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for another hour, basting well about every 10 minutes. Remove from oven, plate and garnish with the green onions and sesame seeds.