Looking for a fun cooking activity the whole family will enjoy? Treat yourself to a donut maker. There is no deep-frying involved and the kids will love all the donut varieties they can make.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup Half and Half
1/4 cup sour cream
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or orange liqueur for a nice change)
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder & salt in a mixing bowl.
- Mix half & half, sour cream, egg, vanilla and oil well, then pour into the dry ingredients.
- Using a mixer or whisk, blend until smooth.
- Immediately scoop the batter into a disposable decorating bag and close with a rubber band. Snip the tip and pipe a ring of dough into each of the molds.
- Close the lid and bake for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the Donut Maker and rest on a wire rack.
- Top with icing, confectioner’s sugar or cinnamon sugar.