Not your typical nachos! Skip the tons of melted gloppy cheese and serve your guests this fresh take on nachos that will have them marveling at your creativity!
1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1 Tablespoon lime juice
2 teaspoons adobe sauce (from canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce)
3 cups coleslaw mix
1/3 cup sliced scallions
1 pound peeled and deveined shrimp (31 to 40 per pound size)
1 teaspoon adobe sauce (from canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce)
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
1 small ripe avocado cut into small pieces (about 36)
36 round tortilla chips
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cilantro, lime juice and adobo sauce in a medium bowl. Remove 1/2 cup and set aside. Add coleslaw mix and scallions to bowl and toss to coat; let stand while preparing shrimp.
- Toss shrimp with adobo sauce, cumin and salt on a plate. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat oiled stove top grill pan or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and grill 3 minutes, turning once, until cooked through. Remove from heat.
- To assemble, arrange tortilla chips on serving platter. Top each with about 1 Tablespoon slaw, then top with 1 piece avocado and 1 shrimp. Top with dollop of reserved mayonnaise mixture. For extra heat, serve if desired, with extra adobo sauce drizzled on top.