I love food that seems unhealthy, but isn’t! So we bake the fish (instead of frying) and use non-fat Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream). And since it’s a new year, we can probably all eat something a little healthier (just sayin’).
One pound cod (or your favorite white fish)
1 1/2 cups Panko breadcrumbs
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup flour
Kosher salt & pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried dill
3/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
2 dill pickles, diced small
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice fish into finger-size pieces.
- Put flour, eggs and Panko crumbs into 3 separate wide, flat bowls.
- Season Panko with salt, pepper and dill.
- Put fish into flour bowl, make sure it covers well, and shake off any excess.
- Then put into egg and finally into Panko (again covering well).
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet and bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While they bake, combine yogurt, pickles, Worcestershire and lemon juice - mix well and set aside.
- Serve fish with tartar sauce.