A super-easy appetizer that takes just minutes to put together. There are a variety of sausages in the supermarket so choose what appeals most to you. Just make sure they are fully-cooked sausages. Add some horseradish to dip for extra heat if desired.
24 small metal or wooden skewers
1 pound spicy or regular fully-cooked smoked sausage, sliced on the diagonal into 48 slices
2 small Fuji apples, (about 8 ounces), halved, cored and cut into about 24 chunks
2 Tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup whole grain mustard
1/4 cup maple syrup
14 cup thinly sliced scallions
- If using wooden skewers, soaked them in water 30 minutes to prevent charring.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; coat foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Skewer 2 pieces sausage and 1 piece apple on each skewer. Place on prepared pan.
- Brush both sides with oil.
- Bake 10 minutes until sausage is lightly golden and apple is tender.
- Meanwhile combine mustard, maple syrup and scallions in a small bowl.
- Arrange skewers on platter and garnish with sliced scallions if desired. Serve with maple-mustard sauce for dipping.
Above & Beyond
Latest posts by Above & Beyond (see all)
- Six Ways to Cut Energy Use (& Costs!) in Under 10 Minutes - April 22, 2014
- The Recipe File: Easter Sunday Brunch - April 20, 2014
- Five Ways an Electric Tea Kettle Can Improve Your Life - April 20, 2014