This delicious, crowd-pleasing Pork Chile Verde recipe is a true “dump-and-stir:” Just drop in the ingredients (using jarred tomatillos makes even that part easy), and at the end of the cook time you’ll have a great dinner that tastes even better with a margarita. Ole!
2 pounds cubed pork for stew
1 onion peeled and cut into 1/2 inch chunks about 1 cup
1 jalapeno seeded and diced 2 tablespoons
1 4-ounce can diced fire roasted green chills
2 cups jarred tomatillo salsa (I used whole foods brand)
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 16-ounce bag frozen corn
2 medium zucchini diced
1-cup cilantro chopped
Sour cream and tortillas to serve
- In the bowl of a slow cooker place the pork onion jalapeno fire roasted chilies salsa and chicken broth turn on slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes add the corn and zucchini.
- Just before serving add the chopped cilantro. Serve with warn tortillas and a spoon of sour cream.
Above & Beyond
Latest posts by Above & Beyond (see all)
- Six Ways to Cut Energy Use (& Costs!) in Under 10 Minutes - April 22, 2014
- The Recipe File: Easter Sunday Brunch - April 20, 2014
- Five Ways an Electric Tea Kettle Can Improve Your Life - April 20, 2014