1 stick butter, cut into Tablespoons
1 small onion
3 cups uncooked basmati rice
2 10 1/2 ounce cans French Onion soup
2 10 1/2 ounce cans low-sodium beef broth
10 ounces button or baby-bella mushrooms
1 Tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 11-12 cup baking casserole dish.
- Peel onion, cut in half top to bottom, and then slice into thin crescents.
- Slice mushrooms into approximately 1/8 inch slices.
- Place mushrooms, onions, butter, and rice into baking dish.
- Pour all the liquids over the rice.
- Cover the baking dish and place on a sheet pan to catch any drips.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes, stirring once or twice, until all liquid is absorbed.
After cooked, may be frozen up to 6 months. May use all chicken broth if preferred over beef. Also makes great leftovers, and can be refrigerated up to one week.
Above & Beyond
Latest posts by Above & Beyond (see all)
- The Recipe File: International Dumplings - March 9, 2014
- Vegetarian Root Vegetable Gyozas (Japanese Dumplings) Recipe - March 8, 2014
- Spinach and Ricotta Gnudi Recipe - March 8, 2014