What is it about a casserole dish that says ‘something delicious awaits’? I suppose it’s because whatever is inside is most likely going to be warm and comforting, and we all love that. And that’s precisely what these chicken enchiladas are. Warm, comforting and crazy delicious…and simple.
3 cups shredded cooked chicken – or about 1 deli roasted chicken
1 cup chunky green salsa
1 4 ounce can chopped green chilies
1-2 Tablespoons chopped chipotles in sauce (more if you like it hotter)
8 8-inch flour tortillas
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups whipping cream
1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese – shredded
- Mix first 4 ingredients in bowl.
- Pour 1 cup of the whipping cream in bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour chicken broth in bowl and one by one submerge each flour tortilla and remove.
- Place approximately 1/8 chicken mixture on each tortilla and roll up.
- Place in dish, seam side down, sprinkle with cheese, and pour remaining whipping cream evenly over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.