12 Days of Cookies: Chocolate Crinkles Recipe
- Prep Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
- Yield: 16 cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons unsweetened natural cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Toss the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter on high speed until creamy, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and the bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Switch the mixer to medium speed and beat in the granulated sugar and brown sugar until combined. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed.
- Turn the mixer off and pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Turn the mixer on low and slowly beat until a very soft dough is formed.
- Beat in the milk on medium speed. The dough will be very sticky.
- Cover the dough tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes so it is not rock hard.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Scoop 1.5 Tablespoons of dough, mold into a ball, and roll into the confectioners’ sugar.
- Repeat for each cookie.
- Place 8 balls onto each baking sheet. Bake each batch for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Copyright 2012-2016 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.