A Spicy Twist on a Summer Staple: Banh Mi Hot Dogs Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 3 medium scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 4 hot dogs (pork if available)
- 4 split top hot dog buns
- 16 thin slices cucumber
- 1 sliced jalapeno (optional)
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped salted peanuts (optional)
- Whisk together vinegar, sugar, and salt in a small bowl. Toss in carrots and scallions and let marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- Combine mayonnaise and sriracha in a small bowl.
- Grill hot dogs to your liking and lightly toast buns. Spread each bun with 1 Tablespoon sriracha-mayo, layer with 4 cucumber slices. Top with hot dog, pickled carrot mixture, and optional jalapeno slices, cilantro leaves, and peanuts.
Copyright 2012-2016 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.
This mayo is spicy! Use less sriracha if you wish. It’s also super-easy to double or triple this recipe for a party crowd.