Blow ‘em Away Honey-Bourbon Glazed Baby Back Ribs
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
- Yield: 20-24 ribs
For the Spice Rub
- 2 Tablespoons smoked paprika (pimenton)
- 2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
For the Honey Bourbon BBQ Sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup bourbon
- 6 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons honey
- 4 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Spice Rub (from above)
For the Ribs
- 2 racks pork baby back ribs (~ 5lbs)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- Combine all spice rub ingredients in a small bowl and reserve.
- To make BBQ Sauce: Combine all BBQ sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and add 2 Tablespoons prepared spice rub. Bring BBQ sauce to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 15 minutes so flavors can blend. Keep warm.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat both sides of both racks of ribs thoroughly with spice rub. Line a large roasting pan with foil and coat with cooking spray. Lay both racks of ribs, meat side up on foil. Sprinkle cider vinegar over the top of ribs. Cover tightly with foil and cook for 1 1/2 hours.
- When ready to serve, heat a gas or charcoal grill over medium-high heat. Brush ribs thoroughly with sauce and grill for 10-15 minutes, re-glazing with sauce and flipping every few minutes. Carve ribs and serve with remaining sauce.
Both the rub and sauce can be made up to 1 week before preparing ribs. You can also put the spice rub on the ribs (or even bake them) up to 2 days in advance of serving. Just bring them to room temperature and coat with sauce when ready to grill.