Bourbon & Spice Sweet Potato Gratins with Mini Marshmallows Recipe
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Yield: 6 cups puree or 12 gratins
- 6 large sweet potatoes (~ 4lb)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 3 Tablespoons bourbon
- 2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup mini marshmallows (~94 marshmallows)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Scrub sweet potatoes, pierce several times with a fork, and wrap individually in foil.
- Place on baking sheet in oven and roast for approximately 60 minutes or until soft.
- Let cool.
- Remove foil and cut lengthwise through skin, scoop out flesh and place in a large bowl (discard skins or reserve for another use).
- Use an immersion blender or hand mixer to combine potatoes, cream, bourbon, sugar, salt, & spices until smooth.
- Spoon ~ 1/2 cup of puree into each of 12 ramekins.
- Top each with 7 mini marshmallows.
- When ready to serve, place ramekins on a baking sheet in a 400 degree oven until puree is warmed through and marshmallows are softened and lightly browned (~5-10 minutes).
Puree can be made up to 4 days ahead and reheated when ready to serve. Simply microwave until warm (or warm on stovetop) before spooning into ramekins and topping with marshmallows. If marshmallows aren’t your thing – toasted chopped pecans make a beautiful alternative. This can also be made in one large baking dish if you don’t have ramekins on hand.