Butternut Squash, Pancetta, Leek, and Goat Cheese Strata Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces thinly sliced pancetta diced, 6 slices reserved for the top
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced leeks, white and light green only, washed to remove sand
- 2 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 4 cups cubed bread
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 8 ounces soft goat cheese like cherve
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat melt the butter add the diced pancetta and cook for 2 minutes. Add the leeks and continue to cook for 3-4 more minutes until the leeks are soft and lightly brown and the pancetta is slightly crisp. Add the butternut squash cubes and fresh sage and cook for 2-3 more minutes until barely soft. Remove from heat and let cool.
- In a large bowl add the bread cubes. In another bowl mix together the eggs, milk, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper and pour over the bread cubes. Stir to combine.
- Next add the pancetta leek and squash mixture and mix to combine. Scrape into a 10-inch round pan that is 3 inches deep or any pan close to this size, but it should be a deep pan.
- Place the 6 remaining slices of pancetta on top of the strata and bake in the oven for 55-60 minutes until golden and puffed.
Copyright 2012-2014 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.