Chipotle Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: Makes 2 cups
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1/4 cup chipotles in adobo sauce, minced
- 1/2 - 1 cup water
- Kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- Sauté onions in olive oil until softened, then add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the ketchup, vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire, chipotles and season with salt & pepper. Stir well, thin with water to desired consistency, simmer 10-15 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- For a smooth sauce, let cool 5-10 minutes and run it through a blender.
Copyright 2012-2015 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.