Classic Greek Salad (Horiatiki) Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds ripe red tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 pound cucumber scrubbed and cut into half moons
- 1 shallot peeled and thinly sliced into half moons
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives
- 1/2 pound of feta cheese in a block, sliced into 6 1/4-inch slices
- 2 Tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 small clove of garlic grated on a micro plane or pressed through a garlic press
- 3 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 Tablespoons best quality extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl add the tomatoes, cucumber, shallot, olives, and feta slices. Top with dried oregano.
- In a small bowl add the grated garlic, vinegar, and olive oil, and pour over the salad. Season with salt and pepper and serve with crusty bread.
Copyright 2012-2016 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.