Crispy Pierogies with Caraway Veggies and Kielbasa Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound frozen potato and cheese pierogies
- 1-13 ounce package kielbasa, cross-sliced 1/4” thick
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1-8 ounce package sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Optional, sour cream and chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment. Spread pierogies evenly across pan and bake according to package instructions until crispy and browned.
- While pierogies bake, heat a large nonstick skillet and cook kielbasa slices for 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until lightly browned. Remove from pan and reserve.
- Add butter, onions, mushrooms, caraway, salt, and pepper to pan. Cook on high for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is soft and mushrooms are beginning to brown. Add cabbage and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until crisp-tender. Stir in cider vinegar and serve tossed with crispy pierogies and kielbasa. Garnish with sour cream and chives.
Copyright 2012-2016 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.
You can use any flavor or size pierogi you like with equally delicious results!