Crispy Pierogies with Caraway Veggies and Kielbasa Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound frozen potato and cheese pierogies
- 1-13 ounce package kielbasa, cross-sliced 1/4” thick
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- 1-8 ounce package sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Optional, sour cream and chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment. Spread pierogies evenly across pan and bake according to package instructions until crispy and browned.
- While pierogies bake, heat a large nonstick skillet and cook kielbasa slices for 3-4 minutes, stirring often, until lightly browned. Remove from pan and reserve.
- Add butter, onions, mushrooms, caraway, salt, and pepper to pan. Cook on high for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently, until onion is soft and mushrooms are beginning to brown. Add cabbage and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until crisp-tender. Stir in cider vinegar and serve tossed with crispy pierogies and kielbasa. Garnish with sour cream and chives.
You can use any flavor or size pierogi you like with equally delicious results!
Copyright 2012-2017 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.