Easy Creamy Vanilla Bean-Cinnamon Rice Pudding Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- 5 1/2 cups whole milk, divided
- 1 cup long grain rice (not converted)
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Bring 5 cups of the milk to a simmer in a large, preferably nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add rice; stir. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean and add to saucepan along with the pods. Add cinnamon stick.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, then more frequently towards end of cook time, until rice is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk and sweetened condensed milk; return to a simmer and cook over low heat 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until creamy and rice is very soft.
- Remove from heat. Remove and discard cinnamon stick and vanilla bean pods.
- Stir in lemon peel. Let cool. Serve topped with whipped cream if desired.
Copyright 2012-2015 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.