Easy Pickled Carrots and Cucumbers Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Yield: 4 pint jars
- 4 glass pint jars washed in hot water
- 1 pound of baby carrots peeled and cut in half lengthwise if large
- 1 pound of pickling cucumbers scrubbed and cut into wedges lengthwise
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 large garlic cloves thickly sliced
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons peppercorns
- 5 Tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Add the carrots and cucumbers to the jars along with 1 bay leaf and 1 sliced garlic clove per jar.
- Add the cider vinegar, water, peppercorns, salt, and honey to a sauce pan over medium heat and swirl to dissolve the salt, about 3 minutes. Ladle over the 4 jars of carrots and cucumbers and close the lids tightly.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 2 days up to 1 month.
Copyright 2012-2014 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.