Father’s Day – Carne Asada Fries Recipe
- Prep Time: 4 hours
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 bunch cilantro (no stems) chopped
- 3 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon each Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Zest & juice of one lime
- One flank steak - about 1.5 pounds
- 1-28 ounce bag frozen French fries
- About 2 cups shredded Colby/Jack cheese
- Guacamole and sour cream for garnish
- Combine cilantro, garlic, cumin, salt & pepper, olive oil, lime juice and zest - mix well.
- Put flank and marinade into a large zippered bag, shut and squish around to make sure flank is well covered. Refrigerate 1-4 hours. Heat grill to high and grill flank about 5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, cook fries according to package directions.
- Slice flank into thin strips, then roughly chop into smaller pieces. Put on top of cooked fries and top with cheese. Microwave 30-60 seconds or until cheese melts. Garnish with guacamole and sour cream.
Copyright 2012-2014 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.