Frozen Watermelon Mock-Mojitos
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 8 1/2 cups seedless watermelon chunks (~7 1/4 lb watermelon)
- 20 oz lemon-lime soda, divided
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 3 TB fresh mint, minced, divided, plus extra for garnish
- 2 TB rum extract, divided
- Puree watermelon chunks in a blender or run through a juicer to yield 6 cups of watermelon puree.
- Pour 4 cups into 2 standard sized ice cube trays (2 cups per tray) and freeze till solid (several hours or overnight).
- Reserve remaining 2 cups watermelon puree in refrigerator.
- When ready to make mojitos, place one tray of watermelon puree cubes (16 cubes), 1 cup watermelon puree, 1 cup lemon-lime drink, half of lime juice, and 1 TB rum extract in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir in 1 1/2 TB fresh mint and pour into 4 martini glasses. Garnish with additional fresh mint.
- Follow same procedure to make 2nd batch of mojitos.
If making real mojitos eliminate the rum extract and add 1/2 - 3/4 cup rum to each batch depending on how strong you want them – you may want to add more lime juice if it tastes too sweet. If you make the watermelon ice cubes ahead of time you can also pop them out of the ice cube tray and store in a large Ziploc freezer baggie.