Grilled Spanish Chorizo, Shrimp & Tomato Skewers
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 3 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings, 3 skewers each
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pound (21 to 25 per pound size) peeled and deveined shrimp
- 6 ounces Spanish chorizo, casing peeled off and cut into 24 (¼-inch thick) slices
- 24 grape tomatoes
- Whisk olive oil, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, salt and smoked paprika in medium bowl until blended. Remove and set aside 3 Tablespoons for drizzling.
- Add shrimp and chorizo to bowl and toss to coat. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours (don’t leave shrimp in marinade longer than 2 hours or the acid in the marinade will begin to “cook” the shrimp).
- Meanwhile, if using wooden skewers, soak them in water to prevent charring.
- Preheat grill.
- Remove shrimp and chorizo from marinade; discard marinade. Wrap each shrimp around one piece of sausage and skewer. Put a grape tomato on the end of each skewer.
- Grill skewers about 1 to 2 minutes per side just until shrimp are cooked throughly.
- Remove to a serving platter and drizzle with reserved marinade. Sprinkle with sea salt and chopped cilantro if desired.
The marinade can be made 1 day ahead and the skewers can be assembled and refrigerated up to 4 hours ahead. Weather not cooperating for grilling? These can be done indoors on a stove-top grill pan.