Healthy Chicken Marsala Recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts (approximately 2 ½ pounds)
- Salt and pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 pound button or baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups dry Marsala wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1 gallon-size freezer weight zip-top bag
- Remove residual fat or gristle from chicken breast.
- Place chicken breast flat on cutting board. With a sharp knife held parallel to the counter, slice each breast in half, cutlet style.
- With scissors, cut off the zip top and one side of the bag, leaving two sealed sides.
- Place a cutlet into the bag and, using a pounding mallet or skillet, pound until 1/4 inch.
- Repeat with remaining cutlets.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Lightly salt and pepper chicken pieces. Sauté on one side for about 3-4 minutes, then flip over and cook about 2-3 minutes more, until cooked through. Remove from pan and place on a platter and cover loosely with foil to keep warm while the rest cooks.
- It is likely you will need to cook the chicken in a few batches; do not overcrowd the pan.
- Once chicken is all cooked, turn up the heat to high. Add butter and mushrooms. Sautee until water is released and they just begin to cook through.
- Sprinkle in the flour and sauté two minutes longer. Pour in the Marsala and chicken stock.
- Cook until sauce reduces by about 1/3 and is very slightly thickened. Pour resulting sauce over chicken pieces and serve immediately.
Copyright 2012-2014 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.