Lose Your Shoes Margaritas
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 - 10 Margaritas
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 additional lime, zested and cut into wedges
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 cups high quality Resposado tequila
- 4 cups Triple Sec
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- Stir together lime juice, lemon juice, sugar, and lime zest and let sit for a half hour or so for sugar to dissolve.
- When ready to serve mix juices with tequila and triple sec in a large pitcher.
- Pour salt onto a wide flat plate.
- Rub rims of Margarita or Martini glasses with lime wedges and dip in salt to coat.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, pour Margarita mixture over and shake to chill.
- Pour into salt-rimmed glasses and serve immediately.
- To serve a crowd chill the pitcher and let guests serve themselves into small glasses over ice.
Copyright 2012-2014 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.
If you want an “oakier” or darker flavored margarita you can use an inexpensive Anejo tequila. Don’t use high end Anejo, it’s a waste of great tequila!