Mixed Berry Crumble with Fresh Mint Whipped Cream
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- Yield: Makes 6 servings
- Berry mixture:
- 8 cups mixed berries -- black berries, blue berries, raspberries, and strawberries (if using strawberries hull and cut into quarters)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Crumble topping:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 stick butter cut into small pieces
- Whipped cream:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix the berries sugar and cornstarch and set aside.
- In another bowl combine the flour, oats, salt, light brown sugar, and butter.
- With your hands, mix together until clumps form about the size of a large grape.
- In a 9” round or 9” x 9” square baking dish pour in the berry mixture.
- Top with the crumble mixture and place in a pre-heated oven.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 1 hour before eating.
- Before serving make the whipped cream by placing the heavy cream in a bowl of a stand mixer.
- Beat on high until soft peaks -- about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup and chopped mint and beat for a few more seconds.
- Top off crumble with 2 tablespoons of whipped cream per serving.
Copyright 2012-2016 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.