Orange & Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Syrup Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Yield: Makes 4 servings 3 pancakes each with generous 1/4 cup of syrup.
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons finely grated orange zest
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup corn meal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2-3 Tablespoons butter
- In a sauce pan over medium low heat add the blueberries, orange juice, and maple syrup and cook for 10 minutes until the fruit opens and the syrup turns dark purple. Cover and keep warm.
- In a mixing bowl add the orange juice, orange zest, milk, eggs, and ricotta and whisk together.
- In a second bowl add the corn meal, flour, salt, and baking powder, and whisk to combine. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk to just mix together. It is ok if there are small lumps, over mixing makes tough pancakes.
- In a skillet over medium high heat add 1 Tablespoon of butter and when it has melted add 1/4 cup of the batter to the skillet making 3-4 pancakes. When small bubbles form over the top the pancake, about 3 minutes, flip them over with a spatula and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Remove to a plate to keep warm and repeat with the remaining batter until all the pancakes are made and serve with blueberry syrup.
Copyright 2012-2014 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.