Oven Rice Pilaf with Mushrooms Recipe
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 8 Servings
- 1 stick butter, cut into Tablespoons
- 1 small onion
- 3 cups uncooked basmati rice
- 2 10 1/2 ounce cans French Onion soup
- 2 10 1/2 ounce cans low-sodium beef broth
- 10 ounces button or baby-bella mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 11-12 cup baking casserole dish.
- Peel onion, cut in half top to bottom, and then slice into thin crescents.
- Slice mushrooms into approximately 1/8 inch slices.
- Place mushrooms, onions, butter, and rice into baking dish.
- Pour all the liquids over the rice.
- Cover the baking dish and place on a sheet pan to catch any drips.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes, stirring once or twice, until all liquid is absorbed.
Copyright 2012-2014 Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. and its subsidiaries.
After cooked, may be frozen up to 6 months. May use all chicken broth if preferred over beef. Also makes great leftovers, and can be refrigerated up to one week.