Party Perfect: Italian Sub Skewers Recipe
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 16 skewers
- 16 6” skewers
- 16 slices Genoa salami (~6 oz)
- 16 slices Mortadella (~6 oz)
- 16 slices Capocollo (~4 oz)
- 16 slices Provolone (~8 oz)
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained, halved (16 pieces)
- 8 oz jar large Spanish olives with pimentos (16 olives)
- 1/2 cup whole roasted red peppers, sliced into 16 pieces
- 16 small pepperoncini peppers (~ 2/3 cup)
- 16 grape tomatoes (~1 cup)
- 5 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- On a large work surface, lay out 16 pieces of salami. Top each with a slice of Mortadella, a slice of Capocollo, and one slice of Provolone to create deli stacks.
- In separate bowls, line up artichoke hearts, olives, red peppers, pepperoncini, and tomatoes.
- Working one skewer at a time, roll up one deli stack tightly and slice into 4 even pinwheels.
- Thread one artichoke heart, one pinwheel, one olive, one pinwheel, one red pepper, one pinwheel, one pepperoncini, one pinwheel, and one tomato. (Alternate veggies and pinwheels in any order you like!)
- Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, and salt. Drizzle vinaigrette over skewers when ready to serve.
Skewers can be made up to 2 days before the party –drizzle vinaigrette on top just before serving. Feel free to substitute slices of your favorite Italian deli meats here too (smoked ham, spicy salami, prosciutto, etc., would all work well with these).