Pork & Apple Breakfast Sausage Patties Recipe
- Prep Time: 8 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings
- Serving Size: 2 patties
- 1 pound ground pork
- 3/4 cup diced sweet apple (no need to peel)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, rubbed between fingers
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, rubbed between fingers
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Using your hands or a wooden spoon, combine all ingredients except oil in a medium bowl until well mixed. (See Notes).
- Form into 10 (1/2-inch thick) patties (about 1/4 cup each).
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add patties and cook, in 2 batches, turning once, until browned and cooked through, about 8 minutes. Serve with maple syrup if desired.
A trick when making seasoned ground meat mixtures (like these patties, meatballs or meatloaf) is to cook up a tiny bit of the mixture in a skillet first to see if the seasoning is to your liking. It’s easy then to add a bit more salt or adjust the seasonings to suit your taste.